Swimmers around the world are reaching their goals by following Personal Training Plans in the MySwimPro app.
Whether you want to swim faster, improve your endurance, lose weight, or focus on specific strokes, our plans will help you. These 4-12 week plans are available on iPhone, Android and many waterproof smartwatches with an ELITE COACH subscription.
Need some help with your app? Check out our Support site!
How to Follow a Training Plan on Your Android
How to Follow a Training Plan on Your iPhone
Personalize Your Account
After starting your free 30-day trial of MySwimPro ELITE:
- Go to your Profile, then tap ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Workout Settings’ to personalize your Dynamic Intervals
These Dynamic Intervals will be help us curate a plan that is unique to your speed and skill level.
Choose Your Personal Training Plan
Explore your recommended Training Plans in the Swim and Dryland tabs and take a look at the weekly workouts for each plan. Choose one that will help you reach your with your goals:
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
Set a Goal For Your Plan
Your aim is to complete the Training Plan at your own pace. Depending on the Training Plan you select, you’ll be committing to 4-12 weeks of swim workouts at least 2-4 times per week. We recommend following this schedule, and swimming at least every other day.
All of the plans are flexible to your schedule, and you can complete them whenever, and wherever! If you can only swim once per week, that’s fine! Just follow the sequence of workouts at your own pace.
Set a goal for yourself that is realistic and attainable.
- Commit to swimming 3 days per week and doing dryland 2 days per week
- Try to make every single interval of each workout
- Finish a 4-week plan within 8 weeks
Start Your Plan
Once you have selected a plan, you will find your next swim workout of the plan along the top of the screen in the Swim or Dryland tab.
- Tap to start the workout or scroll through the full plan and see all the weekly workouts.
If you want to customize your next workout in the plan:
- Tap ‘Edit’ and you can change anything in the workout. Change the pool length, add or remove sets, or adjust your interval times. Then tap ‘Save.’
If you want to swim more workouts than what the plan recommends, try incorporating the fresh Workout of The Day into your weekly schedule! These workouts will compliment your training very well.
Once the workout is ready to go, you can either:
- Print a PDF: Tap the ellipses (…) in the top right corner of the workout and tap “Open PDF” to print it out
- Sync to Your Smartwatch: Tap the ellipses (…) and tap “Send to Watch”
- Do it the Old Fashioned Way: Write the workout on a piece of paper or a whiteboard
After you swim the workout, make sure you open your MySwimPro app on your phone to log your swim and record all your split times. You’ll want to keep a log of your swim times to track your progress.
If you have a watch, this will happen automatically. You’ll also see other advanced analytics such as your split times, strokes per lap, and heart rate graphs.
Planning Your Next Workout
After you log your first swim of the Training Plan, you’ll see your next planned workout featured on the top of your Swim or Dryland tab. You can plan out your training week by tapping this and viewing the workouts you need to complete per week.
Seeing all the upcoming workouts will help you stick to your program and reach your goals!
Keep a record of your progress by always logging your swim workouts and times in your MySwimPro app. Visit the ‘Feed’ tab to see a list of all your previous swims, and view your overall stats on your ‘Profile’ tab!
Our global community of swimmers is a great place to connect with thousands of other athletes to share ideas, motivate and encourage each other and engage in discussion on swimming tips. Join our Private Facebook Group and introduce yourself!