Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you toward your goal.
The IMX Pro Challenge is designed for swimmers looking to take their training to the next level with a healthy injection of stroke work. The phrase IM Xtreme comes from the competitive swimming world, highlighting the importance of being a well-rounded swimmer who trains and competes in Individual Medley (IM) events.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
IMX Pro Challenge Plan Overview:
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Workouts: 40
- Average Workout: 2,200 meters = 55 minutes
- Goal: Train/Race in a 400 IM
Who’s it for? You swim a few times per week, are capable of swimming all four competitive strokes and are ready to take on a bigger challenge. After 10 weeks, you’ll be able to swim a fast 400 IM!
How does it work? Complete 4 Swim Workouts and 2 optional Dryland Workouts per week for 10 weeks. Each Workout lasts between 45-60 minutes. IMX is short for “Individual Medley Xtreme” – a program designed to gauge your IM fitness level. Every other week, you’ll test your skills with an IMX challenge Workout!
Featured Training Plans
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
How to Follow the Plan
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your swimming goals! Here’s how this Plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the IMX Pro Challenge Training Plan and enter beast training mode with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
Start your free trial of our ELITE subscription to unlock all of our swimming and dryland content!
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!