Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you toward your goal.
Enhance Speed Training Plan Fast Facts:
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Workouts: 24
- Average Workout: 1,800 meters = 45 minutes
- Goal: Improve your 100 freestyle time
Who’s it for? You already swim a few times per week and ready to take the next few steps to unlock your full speed potential. After 8 weeks, you will improve your 100 freestyle time!
How does it work? Complete 3 Workouts per week for 8 weeks. Each Workout lasts between 30-45 minutes. Every other week, you’ll test your speed with a sprint set and finish the plan with a short taper period and a 100 for time!
How To Swim Faster:
As simple as it sounds, there’s really only two ways you can swim faster.
- Decrease Drag
- Increase Propulsion
Check out this article, or watch our video below for more tips!
How to Follow the Plan:
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your swimming goals! Here’s how this Plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
So what are you waiting for? Start the Enhance Speed Training Plan and achieve your goals with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
To unlock this Training Plan and all of our swimming and dryland content, start a free trial of our ELITE subscription!
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!