Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you toward your goal.
The Get Fit IM training plan is designed for swimmers looking to take their swim training to the next level by incorporating more stroke work. IM is short for Individual Medley – all four competitive strokes in order: Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Freestyle.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
Get Fit IM Plan Overview:
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Workouts: 24
- Average Workout: 1,700 meters = 45 minutes
- Goal: Train/Race a 200 IM
Who’s it for? You swim a few times per week, mostly freestyle, and are ready master all four competitive strokes: Butterfly, Backstroke and Breaststroke. After 8 weeks, you’ll be able to swim a fast 200 IM!
How does it work? Complete 3 workouts per week for 8 weeks. Each workout lasts between 30-50 minutes. IM is short for individual medley – all the strokes! Every other week, you’ll test your skills with an IM challenge workout!
Featured Training Plans
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
How to Follow the Plan
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there!Having a chart makes makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the Get Fit IM training plan and elevate your swim training with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
Start a free trial of our ELITE COACH subscription to unlock all of our swimming and dryland training content.
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!