Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you towards your goal.
Improve Endurance Training Plan Fast Facts:
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Workouts: 24
- Average Workout: 2,000 meters = 55 minutes
- Goal: Complete a 3,000 workout at the end of 8 weeks
Who’s it for? You already swim a few times per week and ready to take the next step to improve your efficiency and endurance. After 8 weeks, you’ll complete a 3k Workout!
How does it work? Complete 3 Swim Workouts and 2 optional Dryland Workouts per week for 8 weeks. Each Workout lasts between 30-45 minutes. Every other week, you’ll test your endurance with a series of short rest 100s on an interval.
What Happens To Your Body When You Swim:
Water is nearly 800x more dense than air, and as they say, a body in motion stays in motion! Beyond the simple inertia, what’s actually happening inside your body as you move through the water?
Let’s dive in and find out!
How to Follow the Plan:
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your swimming goals! Here’s how this Plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
So what are you waiting for? Start the Improve Endurance Training Plan and achieve your goals with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
To unlock this Training Plan and all of our swimming and dryland content, start a free trial of our ELITE subscription!
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!