Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you towards your goal.
Improve Endurance Training Plan Fast Facts:
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Workouts: 24
- Average Workout: 2,000 meters = 55 minutes
- Goal: Complete a 3,000 workout at the end of 8 weeks
Who’s it for? You already swim a few times per week and ready to take the next step to improve your efficiency and endurance. After 8 weeks, you’ll complete a 3k workout!
How does it work? Complete 3 workouts per week for 8 weeks. Each workout lasts between 30-45 minutes. Every other week, you’ll test your endurance with a series of short rest 100s on an interval.
What Happens To Your Body When You Swim:
Water is nearly 800x more dense than air, and as they say, a body in motion stays in motion! Beyond the simple inertia, what’s actually happening inside your body as you move through the water?
Let’s dive in and find out!
How to Follow the Plan:
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a chart makes makes your goal much easier and attainable Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there!
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for? Start the Improve Endurance 8-week training plan and achieve your goals like never before with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
To unlock this training plan and all of our swimming and dryland content, start a free trial of our ELITE COACH subscription!
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!