Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you toward your goal.
The Beginner Freestyle Plan is designed for swimmers looking to improve their technical efficiency in the water. It’s a fantastic plan to introduce yourself to structured training.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
Beginner Freestyle Plan Overview:
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Workouts: 8
- Average Workout: 800 meters = 25 minutes
- Goal: Improve freestyle efficiency
Who’s it for? You know how to swim, but need help on the fundamentals: streamline, rotation, breathing, and improving overall stroke efficiency.
How does it work? Try to complete 2 workouts per week for 4 weeks. Each workout lasts between 15-30 minutes.
Beginner Swim Tips
Are you a new swimmer? Or getting back in the pool after a long time away? Here’s how to get started and feel more confident than ever in the water!
Read the full article here.
MySwimPro helped Patty Deters find her smile again, lose 75lbs and manage symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Check out her incredible story!
The Importance of a Training Plan
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
How to Follow the Plan
So what are you waiting for?
Start the beginner freestyle training plan and elevate your swim training with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
Start your free trial of our ELITE COACH subscription today to unlock access to all of our swimming and dryland content.