Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be.
Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you towards your goal.
That’s why we created the 6-Week Get Fit Training Plan. This collection of swim workouts is perfect for a beginner to intermediate swimmer, looking to get stronger, and feel more confident in the water.
This 6-week calendar of workouts is available exclusively in the MySwimPro app, and is personalized to your unique goals and skill level. Download the app on iPhone or Android and start your free 30-day trial to get a head start on this great training plan!
Get Fit Training Plan:
- Duration: 6 Weeks
- Workouts: 18
- Average Workout: 1,200 meters = 30 minutes
- Goal: Swim a continuous 1,500 at the end of six weeks
Who is it for? You know how to swim, but you are looking for a structured plan to improve your swimming efficiency and endurance.
How does it work? Try to complete 3 workouts per week for 6 weeks resting every other day. The workouts in this plan average 30 minutes. Each workout builds off the one before it. Similarly, every week builds off the prior week, so being consistent will play a large part in how successful you are!
The workouts: This plan is available only in the MySwimPro app. Get all the workouts on your iPhone, Android or a compatible smartwatch.
How to Follow the Plan
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a chart makes makes your goal much easier and attainable Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there!
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
Meet Patty Deters, a MySwimPro Ambassador who, with the help of the MySwimPro app, lost 75lbs, found her confidence and manages rheumatoid arthritis. Watch Patty’s story below!
Featured Training Plans
The MySwimPro App offers training plans designed to get in the best swimming shape of your life. Download the app for free on iPhone and Android to subscribe to a training plan that’s right for you! Here are a few options:
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
Ready to get started? Start a free trial of our ELITE COACH subscription to unlock this training plan and all of our swimming and dryland content.