Swimming on your own can be tough. This 10k Challenge Training Plan is the most advanced Training Plan in the MySwimPro app and will test your mental and physical endurance. The Workouts in this Plan are comparable to training sessions completed daily by elite distance swimmers.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
10k Challenge Plan Overview:
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Workouts: 40
- Average Workout: 6,000 meters = 100 minutes
- Goal: Achieve 10,000 meter workout after 10 weeks
Who’s it for? You’re an experienced swimmer that trains three or more times per week. The final Workout for the Plan is 10k. If you’re training for a 10k (or longer) race, accommodate for an additional 2-3 weeks of taper after completing this Plan. These Workouts will test your endurance in freestyle and IM training, too.
How does it work? Complete 4 Workouts per week for 10 weeks. Each week builds on the week prior, with longer sets on the fourth day of training every other week. Week 6 is designed to be a recovery week, and weeks 7-10 ramp up volume significantly, culminating in the final, 10k Workout.
Featured Training Plans
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
How to Follow the Plan
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your swimming goals! Here’s how this Plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the 10k Challenge training plan and elevate your swim training with MySwimPro! Still not convinced, read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
Start your free trial of our ELITE subscription today to unlock all of our swimming and dryland training content.
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!