Swimming on your own can be tough. This 10k Challenge Training Plan is the most advanced training program in the MySwimPro app and will test your mental and physical endurance. The workouts in this plan are comparable to training sessions completed daily by elite distance swimmers.
The 10k Challenge Training Plan is designed for serious swimmers looking unleash their inner beast training!
Start your free 7-day trial today!
10k Challenge Plan Overview:
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Workouts: 40
- Average Workout: 6,000 meters = 100 minutes
- Goal: Achieve 10,000 meter workout after 10 weeks
Who’s it for? You’re a experienced swimmer that trains three or more times per week. The final workout for the plan calls for a 10k workout. If you’re training for a 10k (or longer) race, it’s best to do this plan and accommodate for an additional 2-3 weeks of taper after completing this plan. These workouts will test your endurance in freestyle and IM training.
How does it work? Complete 4 workouts per week for 10 weeks. Each week builds on the week prior with longer sets on the fourth day of training every other week. Week six is designed to be a recovery week, and week 7-10 ramp up volume significantly to where the final workout of the plan is 10,000.
Featured Training Plans
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the 10k Challenge training plan and elevate your swim training with MySwimPro! Still not convinced, read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.