Prepare for your Gold Medal Moment with the Podium Prep training plan! Over the course of 4 weeks, we’ll challenge you with personalized swimming and dryland workouts designed to improve your speed, power and endurance.
Podium Prep Training Plan Overview
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Workouts: 3 swims/week, 2 optional dryland/week
- Average Workout: 2,000 yards or meters (<60 min), 20-30 min. dryland workouts
- Goal: Improve speed and power in all 4 strokes and prepare for competition.
Who’s it for? This plan is designed for a swimmer who regularly swims two or more times per week and is ready to prepare for a specific event or challenge.
How does it work? Complete 3 swim workouts and 2 optional dryland workouts per week for 4 weeks. Each swim workout is less than 60 minutes. Challenge yourself with an IM-focused test set each week, followed by a short taper.
Start your free 30-day trial of ELITE to unlock this training plan!
Featured Training Plans
After you finish Podium Prep, you may also enjoy these training plans!
- Gold Medal (1 week challenge)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- 10K Challenge (10 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- Advanced Technique Bootcamp (4 weeks)
How to Follow a Training Plan
A training plan is a critical to reaching your goals in swimming! Here’s why:
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all).
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every workout.
Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. So what are you waiting for?
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!