Swimming is an incredible form of fitness that’s low impact and burns a ton of calories. You engage every muscle in your body and it’s a great aerobic workout!
Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. With a training plan you are 80% more likely to achieve your desired goal.
Beginner Weight Loss Swim Plan:
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Workouts: 16 (2x/week)
- Average Workout: 700 meters = 20-30 minutes
- Goal: Begin your weight loss journey with swimming!
Who’s it for? You want to lose weight. You will improve your technique and build a foundation for a lifetime of swimming.
How does it work? Complete 2 Workouts per week for 8 weeks in addition to your other workout activities. Each Workout lasts between 20-30 minutes. The plan can be completed in less time by swimming 3-4x Workouts per week.
You may also be interested in the 6-week Couch to 1k Plan, which is a little more advanced and builds up to swimming a 1,000 continuously at the end of 6 weeks.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
How to Lose Weight Swimming
When paired with proper nutrition, swimming can help you lose weight and keep it off over time. Check out 5 ways swimming can help you work toward your weight loss goals!
Related: How to Lose Weight Swimming
How To Swim Perfect Freestyle
Freestyle is the most popular swimming stroke in the world, and is an essential skill that all swimmers should focus on. We truly believe that every single swimmer has at least one element of their freestyle stroke that can be refined and improved upon. Get our tips below!
Read Also: How To Swim Perfect Freestyle
How MySwimPro Can Help You
The MySwimPro app has helped over 1 million swimmers improve their technique, swim faster, and reach their fitness goals. Read how Brian lost 60 pounds following MySwimPro Training Plans >
Watch Patty’s inspiring transformation story here!
Featured Training Plans
- 10K Challenge (10 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- Advanced Technique Bootcamp (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
How to Follow a Training Plan
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your swimming goals! Here’s how this Plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start your free 30-day trial of MySwimPro ELITE to dive into the Beginner Weight Loss plan and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan!
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!