Kicking correctly is one of the most difficult parts of swimming. Especially for beginners, the kick can be extremely frustrating and it can feel like you’re going nowhere. Adding fins helps, but the underlying problem is improper technique and conditioning.
The Kick Technique Bootcamp is designed for swimmers looking to improve their kicking technique. It’s a fantastic Plan that is rich with drills that focus on a different part of the kick in each training session.
Start your free 30-day trial today!
Kick Technique Bootcamp Overview:
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Workouts: 6
- Average Workout: 1,100 meters = 30 minutes
- Goal: Improve Kick Mechanics, Speed, and Endurance
Who’s it for? This Plan is designed for a swimmer who is already completing several workouts per week and would like to spend time focusing on improving their kick technique before moving onto advanced training.
How does it work? Complete 3 Workouts per week for 2 weeks. Each Workout lasts 30-45 minutes depending on the drill duration and your speed. Each drill offers an instructional video and may ask you to use equipment on certain drills. Short fins are highly recommended for the kick and drill Sets in each Workout.
Fundamentally, there are a few core elements to improving your kick propulsion. The top three components to incorporate into training are:
- 2-Directional Kicking: Kicking both ‘up’ and ‘down’ to engage all of the leg muscles.
- Train All 4 Planes: Front (FLOW), Right Side, Left Side, Back (SLOB).
- Flexibility: Focus on improving ankle mobility and building functional strength.
Check out How To Improve Your Underwater Dolphin Kick in a special MySwimPro Whiteboard Wednesday session.
Featured Training Plans
- Freestyle Technique Bootcamp (2 weeks)
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your swimming goals! Here’s how this Plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the Kick Technique Bootcamp and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro! Still not convinced? Read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.
Start your free trial of MySwimPro ELITE today!
Learn how to swim faster with MySwimPro: Free webinar!