Kicking correctly is one of the most difficult parts of swimming. Especially for beginners, the kick can be extremely frustrating and it can feel like you’re going no where with a kick board or even in streamline. Adding fins helps, but the underlying problem is proper technique and conditioning.
The Kick Technique Bootcamp is designed for swimmers looking to improve their kicking technique. It’s a fantastic plan that is rich with drills that focuses on a different part of the kicking technique in each training session.
Start your free 7-day trial today!
Kick Technique Bootcamp Overview:
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Workouts: 6
- Average Workout: 1,100 meters = 30 minutes
- Goal: Improve Kick Mechanics, Speed, and Endurance
Who’s it for? This plan is designed for a swimmer who is already completing several workouts per week and would like to spend time foucsing on improving their kicking technique before moving onto advanced training.
How does it work? Complete 3 workouts per week for 2 weeks. Each workout session will last 30-45 minutes depending on the drill duration and your speed. Each drill offers an instructional video and may ask you to use equipment on certain drills. Short fins are highly recommended to be use do on the kick and drill sets in each workout.
Fundamentally, there are a few core elements to improving your kick (underwater and below the water) propulsion. The top three components to incorporate into training are listed below. Checkout How To Improve Your Underwater Dolphin Kick in a special MySwimPro Whiteboard Wednesday session.
- 2-Directional Kicking: Kicking in both ‘up’ and ‘down’ motion to engage both sides of the diaphragm.
- Train All 4 Planes: Front (FLOW), Right Side, Left Side, Back (SLOB).
- Flexibility: Focus on improving ankle mobility and building functional strength.
Featured Training Plans
- Freestyle Technique Bootcamp (2 weeks)
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the Kick Technique Bootcamp and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro! Still not convinced, read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.