Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. With a training plan you are 80% more likely to achieve your desired goal.
The Couch to 1k swim plan is designed to get you off the couch and in the water!
No matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch.
Couch to 1k Swim Plan Overview:
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Workouts: 18 (3x/week)
- Average Workout: 600 meters = 20-30 minutes
- Goal: Complete a 1 kilometer swim workout !
Who’s it for? You’re a beginner swimmer looking for a structured plan to improve your swimming efficiency and build endurance.
How does it work? Complete 3 workouts per week for 6 weeks resting every other day. Each workout lasts between 20-30 minutes. The plan can be completed in 3 weeks by swimming 6x/week or 9 weeks swimming 2x/week.
You may also be interested in the 6-week “Get Fit” plan which is a little more advanced and builds up to swimming a 1,500 continuously at the end of 6 weeks. Learn more here: Get Fit – Freestyle
Start your free 7-day trial today!
How To Swim Perfect Freestyle
Freestyle is the most popular swimming stroke in the world, and is an essential skill that all swimmers should focus on. We truly believe that every single swimmer has at least one element of their freestyle stroke that can be refined and improved upon. Get our tips below!
Read Also: How To Swim Perfect Freestyle
How MySwimPro Can Help You
The MySwimPro app has helped over 1+ million swimmers improve their technique, swim faster, and reach their fitness goals. Read Brian’s story of how he lost 60 pounds following the MySwimPro training plans!
Read more stories of how MySwimPro is helping swimmers around the world here.
Featured Training Plans
- 10K Challenge (10 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- Advanced Technique Bootcamp (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the USRPT and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro! Still not convinced, read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan!