Swimming without a training plan is a bit like trying to drive in a foreign country without a map: you’ll always get somewhere, but the place you arrive may not be where you actually want to be. Without a proper swim plan, your workouts might not lead you towards your goal.
The Getting Started for Beginners Freestyle Training Plan is designed for swimmers looking to improve their technical efficiency in the water. It’s a fantastic plan to be first introduced to structured training and designed to get you back in swimming shape.
Start your free 7-day trial today!
Beginner Freestyle Plan Overview:
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Workouts: 6
- Average Workout: 500 meters = 20 minutes
- Goal: Improve Freestyle Technique & Endurance
Who’s it for? You can swim freestyle, but not for very long. Maybe you were on a swim team growing up, and looking for a quick start to get back into the swing of things. This plan works on the fundamentals: streamline, rotation, breathing, and improving overall stroke efficiency.
How does it work? Try to complete 3 workouts per week for 2 weeks. Each workout lasts between 10-20 minutes. You’ll quickly ramp up to a 1 Km workout.
Featured Training Plans
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
A training plan is a critical component to the success of reaching your goals in swimming! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you get there.
- Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. This plan sets all your workouts ahead of time for you; therefore, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Setting Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards and a plan helps get you there! Having a chart makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Staying Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Staying Motivated: By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
So what are you waiting for?
Start the 2 Week Beginner Freestyle Training Plan and elevate your swimming with MySwimPro! Still not convinced, read: Why You Need A Structured Training Plan.