This week’s workout is a double-whammy: We combined swimming and dryland exercises into a 1-hour, 1500-meter HIIT workout that’s sure to challenge you!
Grab your gear and give this workout a try!
Benefits of Combining Swimming & Dryland
We all know how dryland training can help you improve your swimming on its own, but combining swimming and dryland in one workout can help you keep your heart rate up and build additional strength and cardiovascular fitness. You may also find that you burn more calories during a combo workout than in a regular swim workout.
*Note: Fares completed this workout in a 30 meter pool. The workout below has been converted for a 25 meter or yard pool.
Distance: 1,350 meters
Duration: 52 minutes
Warm Up (2x)
- 200 Freestyle Easy
- 4×25 IM @ 1:00, 5 Burpees after each 25
Main Set (2x)
- 4×25 Butterfly @ 1:00, 10 Pushups after each 25
- 4×25 Backstroke @ 1:00, 20 Russian Twists (on each side) after each 25
- 4×25 Breaststroke @ 1:00, 10 Squats after each 25
- 4×25 Freestyle Race Pace, with fins & paddles
- 1×50 Freestyle Easy
Love this workout? Check out our HIIT Dryland Training Plan!
Have you tried incorporating dryland exercises into your swim workouts? Let us know how you like it!