On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show we’re at Campus Martius Park in Downtown Detroit discussing how to overcome swimming fatigue and prevent yourself from burning out.
– Why swimmers burn out
– How to get back into swimming after a long break
– How many times per week you should swim
Listen to the discussion on SoundCloud:
- :48 – How do you swim faster in the 50 freestyle?
- 2:30 – Why do swimmers burn out?
- 4:05 – How swimming with a group makes swimming easier.
- 5:14 – What you can do to stay consistent out of the water.
- 6:00 – How to get back into swimming after a long break.
- 7:02 – How to set specific seasonal goals.
- 9:30 – How many times per week should you swim?
- 11:30 – What do you do after a big taper competition?
- 13:40 – How to mix up goals to stay motivated.
- 14:30 – How do you train for the 200 freestyle?
- 16:20 – How to lower your swimming volume without getting out of shape?
- 20:18 – How to pace the 500/400 freestyle?
Looking for swim training plans, workouts, and video drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email!
We’d love to chat. Email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.