While there are over 100 million fitness swimmers in the world, more than 4 billion people do not know how to swim. Join us in spreading awareness about swimming and water safety on World Swim Day, October 24, 2020!
What is World Swim Day?
World Swim Day falls on the fourth Saturday of October each year. We founded this international holiday to increase participation in swimming and promote water safety inclusive of geography, language, and skills.
World Swim Day is more than a virtual swim. It’s an opportunity to inspire people around the world to be active in the water and raise funds for organizations that provide much-needed water safety programming.
Know of an organization we should donate to? Nominate them here!
Plus, shop our online store and show off your #WorldSwimDay workout! Get a shirt, towel, poster, tote bag and more!
Why You Should Participate in World Swim Day 2020
Supporting World Swim Day means you share our passion for the water. You believe that swimming is a universal life skill and want to empower people around the world to enjoy the water. Joining the World Swim Day fun has lots of perks:
- Free access to the MySwimPro app from October 23-25, 2020.
- Register for a premium ticket to get an exclusive silicone “SWIM” cap and a 2020 World Swim Day gold medal!
- Opportunity to win epic prizes from our sponsors.
- Access to MySwimPro’s incredible digital community of swimmers from around the world.
2019 was the largest World Swim Day yet! Swimmers from more than 100 countries participated and helped us raise over $4,500 for water safety organizations.
How to Participate
Participating in World Swim Day is totally free, and you don’t need a pool! Here’s how:
- Visit worldswimday.org and register for FREE. Or, choose the $50 premium registration to get your very own silicone swim cap and gold medal!
- Download the MySwimPro app on iPhone or Android.
- Between Friday October 23 – Sunday October 25 2020, log a swim or dryland workout in the MySwimPro app (FREE for everyone!). Your workout will be emailed to you before the big day.
- Join us for a LIVE dryland workout on the MySwimPro Instagram at 12pm EST on Saturday, October 24! Learn more >
- Share why you love to swim, along with a photo or video, on social media using #WorldSwimDay to be entered to win BIG PRIZES!
If it is safe to do so in your area, host a socially-distanced World Swim Day meetup! Get more details and register your meetup here.
World Swim Day Workouts
Whether you’re a beginner or advanced, pool or no pool, there’s a free World Swim Day Workout for you!
After registering, you’ll receive these World Swim Day workouts via email to choose from. All workouts will also be available for free in the MySwimPro app from October 23-25:
- Get Wet 💧: 200 meters
- Make A Splash 🌊 : 1,000 meters
- 2020 in 2020 🏊♂️ : 2,020 meters
- The Pandemic 5k ⚡: 5,000 meters
- The Pandemic 10k 🚀: 10,000 meters
Start training for World Swim Day with a 30-day free trial of MySwimPro! Try our ELITE COACH subscription and unlock hundreds of swim and dryland workouts, training plans and tracking tools to help you train!
How to Win World Swim Day Prizes
We’re giving away tons of epic prizes this year:
- 1 Garmin Forerunner 745
- 10 Pairs of Aqua Knuckles
- 1 Pair of FORM Smart Swim Goggles
- 3 Pairs of fins from Laguna Fin Co.
- 10 Swimfluence boxes full of surprise gifts
To qualify for World Swim Day giveaways:
- Log a swim or dryland workout in the MySwimPro app between October 23-25, 2020.
- Share a photo or video on social media using #WorldSwimDay. You can share on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Strava or TikTok. Remember to set your post/profile to PUBLIC so we can see it!
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Participants must be 18 years or older to enter. Winners will be contacted by October 27, 2020.
We hope you’ll join us for this year’s World Swim Day! Click here to register, and happy swimming!
Have questions about World Swim Day? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.