Proper strength training is key to swimming success, whether you’re a serious competitor or a recreational swimmer. Our Dryland Training Plans are built for swimmers of all skill levels and all ages, and can be completed at home! They are a great complement to your swim training, or can be completed as a stand-alone workout program.
Develop functional core strength and reduce your chances for injury with swimming-specific Dryland Workouts! Incorporate basic equipment to take your Workouts to the next level.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Workouts: 16 (4x/week)
- Average Workout: 30-45 minutes
- Equipment: Swiss ball, medicine ball, resistance bands (Optional: jump rope, yoga mat)
Who is this plan for?
You’re ready to advance your core strength beyond basic bodyweight exercises, or you are looking to supplement your weightlifting program.
How does it work?
Follow these Workouts at home or in a gym, in addition to your swimming or weightlifting routine. Workouts consist of a dynamic warmup, main circuit, and cool down. Follow the instructional videos to ensure proper technique and modify the movements as necessary. This Plan can be completed in less (or more) than 4 weeks, although it’s advised to have at least one rest day per week.
Related: How to do Dryland Workouts at Home
How Dryland Training Works in the MySwimPro App
- Dryland Training Plans are available in the free MySwimPro app for iOS and Android. ELITE subscribers have unlimited access to all Dryland Training Plans and our library of Technique Videos.
- Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to make sure your app is updated to the latest version to ensure you see all available Plans.
- Each Workout includes a dynamic warm up, a main circuit and a cool down.
- All Workouts are interval based, just like your Swim Workouts, and include video and audio demonstrations of each exercise.
- Edit the Workout’s work and rest intervals to fit your fitness level!
- Follow the Workouts on your smartphone, Apple Watch or sync to your TV using AirPlay.
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your goals! Here are some additional ways this Plan is designed to help you.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire Plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, this plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
Ready to get started? Download the MySwimPro app on your iPhone or Android! Try our ELITE subscription free to access all of our Dryland Training Programs. For more Dryland Workouts and training tips, check out our YouTube channel!