Proper strength training is key to swimming success, whether you’re a serious competitor or a recreational swimmer. Our Dryland Training Plans are built for swimmers of all skill levels and all ages, and can be completed at home with little or no equipment. They are a great complement to your swim training, or can be completed as a stand-alone workout program.
Dryland for Beginners
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Workouts: 4 (2x/week)
- Average Workout: 15-20 minutes each
Related: How to do Dryland Workouts at Home
Who is this plan for?
This Plan is for beginners with minimal strength training experience. Learn basic movements that improve your balance, flexibility and strength, and prevent injury.
How does it work?
Complete 2 Workouts per week for 2 weeks in addition to your other swimming or fitness activities. The Plan can be completed in less time by logging all 4 Workouts in one week. Once you complete this Plan, you’ll be ready to move on to the Get Stronger, Swim Faster Plan!
How Dryland Training Works in the MySwimPro App
- Dryland Training Plans are available in the free MySwimPro app for iOS and Android. ELITE subscribers have unlimited access to all Dryland Training Plans and our library of Technique Videos.
- Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to make sure your app is updated to the latest version to ensure you see all available Plans.
- Each Workout includes a dynamic warm up, a main circuit and a cool down.
- All Workouts are interval based, just like your Swim Workouts, and include video and audio demonstrations of each exercise.
- Edit the Workout’s work and rest intervals to fit your fitness level!
- Follow the Workouts on your smartphone, Apple Watch or sync to your TV using AirPlay.
A training plan is a critical component to reaching your goals! Here are some additional ways this plan is designed to help you.
- Time: During the week, you may feel tight on time. This Plan sets all your Workouts ahead of time for you to help you maximize your time in the water or at the gym. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each Workout is.
- Setting Goals: Whatever your goal, a structured training plan helps get you there! Having a calendar of pre-planned Workouts makes your goal much more attainable.
- Staying Focused: When you have a plan ahead of time, you’ll stay on track.
- Staying Motivated: Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help you visualize success and keep you on track. You may find that you’re even more motivated to get your workouts in!
- Accountability: If you can’t train with a team or coach, this Plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey, and will make sure you log each and every Workout.
Ready to get started? Download the MySwimPro app on your iPhone or Android! Try our ELITE subscription free to access all of our Dryland Training Programs. For more Dryland Workouts and training tips, check out our YouTube channel!