On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show, we’re in Mesa, Arizona at the 2019 U.S. Masters Nationals Championships. Special guest and MySwimPro Ambassador Kendra Wilson (@mom_who_swims) joins us to chat about her performance at the meet and how fun it is to connect with swimmers she meets through social media! (Scroll down for written transcript)
Kendra Wilson is an All-American swimmer based out of Oceanside, California and trains on her own using the MySwimPro app. She is a highly competitive U.S. Masters Swimmer, as she is consistently in the top-10 of all her events. Kendra grew up swimming in Atlanta, Georgia, then went on to compete for the University of Missouri on a swimming scholarship. After taking 7 years off after graduating, she dove right back into the sport and is killing it!
View this post on Instagram
Kendra competes multiple times per year and has her plate full with training 2-3 hours per day, raising 2 children, running her business, and being married to an active duty marine. Watch the video above to hear her tips for how to keep swimming and fitness a priority!
“I know it sucks getting back into shape, but don’t give up. The breathing is the hardest thing. It takes 6+ weeks, but I promise you it gets better. Don’t expect those times way back then to be instant, it takes a bit longer when you’re older.”
Listen to podcast on SoundCloud:
- 0:25 – Meet Kendra!
- 0:35 – Results from 2019 U.S. Masters National Championships
- 1:00 – Your swimming story
- 1:35 – What does swimming mean to you?
- 2:00 – How do you train with the MySwimPro app?
- 2:34 – How do you balance your swim training, career and raising a family?
- 3:35 – How do you set your goals for swimming?
- 4:10 – What is your favorite part about connecting with so many swimmers on social media?
- 5:15 – What’s next?
- 5:35 – What is your advice for people who want to get back into swimming?
- 6:20 – Shout-outs!
- 6:48 – Would you recommend the MySwimPro app?
“I love having a community behind me that supports my swimming even if it’s from afar.”
Ready to start your personal training plan? Get MySwimPro ELITE and find a huge library of swim workouts, technique videos and tracking tools available on iOS and Android.
If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us a message! We’d love to chat. Email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.