2019 is the year to give it your all.
The catalyst for many changes is often the coming of a new year and a little thing called New Year’s resolutions — that widely held tradition in which millions of people take stock of their lives and resolve to make changes. Whether you’re a new swimmer or veteran, here are a few tips to stick to your goals and swim your fastest in 2019!
See Also: How To Set SMART Swimming Goals
Make This Year Yours
Below are 5 points of focus to achieve your goals and swim faster than ever before!
- Be specific with your goals – start small, then build.
- Practice confidence – every. single. day. Swimming is such a mental game. Working on your self esteem and believing in yourself will transform your training and races.
- Enjoy the process – and trust the process! Head to the pool with a plan, and believe in the fact that progress is progress. No matter how slow.
- Have fun with your workouts – relax! Every workout doesn’t have to be so intense. Go easy on yourself and try some fun new things in the water every now and then.
- Eat purposefully – spend some time reflecting on how your nutrition and how/when you eat is impacting your swimming. This can be a huge game changer.
Do you want to swim faster? Improve your endurance? Or simply get fit? With a MySwimPro ELITE Membership, you get your own, personalized swim training plan in the MySwimPro app.
You could do the same thing over and over or do random workouts, but you wouldn’t be making the most of your time. Structured training plans have many advantages over random, undirected workouts. Below are a few of MySwimPro’s top training plans and a few ways they will help you reach your goals with swimming!
Featured Training Plans
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
If you have a resolution to go to the pool more often, it’ll be a lot easier if join a swim training routine. If you can get a swim buddy to join you, even better! You’ll be accountable to the program and your buddy.