On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show, we’re in Orlando, Florida at the Pan American Masters Swimming Championships with Panamanian swimmer, Chris Rojas!
Chris is a masters swimmer and entrepreneur. He is the CEO of AquaLabs and in this interview details how he trained in an endless pool in the months leading up to the Pan American Masters Championships. Chris also discusses the impact of teaching kids how to swim in Panama and how swimming can be a form of meditation.
I first met Chris at the FINA World Masters Championships in Budapest, Hungary in 2017. Since then, Chris has been a huge supporter of MySwimPro and we love how he’s growing the sport of swimming in Panama. Be sure to follow him on Instagram:
Listen to the interview with Chris on SoundCloud:
“I can’t stop swimming, I’m going to do it for the rest of my life. Swimming is the love of my life.”
- 0:33 – Started swimming at 9 years old
- 0:50 – The swimming comeback
- 1:30 – What it’s like to compete internationally
- 2:48 – What it’s like to train only in an endless pool
- 5:15 – #WaterIsMyTemple
- 6:00 – Why swimming is so good for you
- 8:11 – How to train in an endless pool?
- 9:40 – You’re never too old to swim!
- 10:25 – Hardware at PanAms!
“#WaterIsMyTemple is more than teaching kids more than just swimming but everything good about sports”
Looking for swim workouts, tips and drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email!
We’d love to chat. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.