On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show we’re speaking with our community and overviewing open water race strategy and drafting technique.
– Favorite part about open water swimming
– Open water swimming vs pool swimming
– Open water drafting strategy
– Open water breathing strategy
Listen to the open water discussion on SoundCloud:
- :22 – Favorite part of open water swimming.
- 2:58 – Open water swimming vs pool swimming.
- 4:34 – What is drafting?
- 5:30 – Why do swimmers draft in a race?
- 7:20 – Drafting tips!
- 8:57 – Open Water breathing strategy.
- 11:30 – How to calm yourself down at the start of an open water race?
- 14:30 – How to turn around a buoy in an open water race.
The Whiteboard Wednesday below explores the differences between open water swimming and pool swimming and how you can prepare for an open water race while swimming in a short course pool. Read more here.
Looking for swim workouts, tips and drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email!
We’d love to chat. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.