On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show, we’re in Times Square, New York City speaking with the Co-Founder of TheMagic5, Rasmus Barfred! Watch or listen below.
– The Magic5 founding story
– How the innovative goggles work
– Perspective on the intersection of technology and swimming
– What it’s like to start a company in the swimming industry
Rasmus is a talented triathlete and entrepreneur who lives in New York City just minutes from Times Square. While we were in town for our NYC Meetup, it was great to catchup with a fellow Founder who is bringing innovation to the world of swimming.
TheMagic5 offers the world’s first custom-fitted swimming goggles. They are known for focusing on the following 5 key aspects of the swimming goggle:
“We wanted to create a product that could help everyone, not just the super elite.” – Rasmus Barfred, Co-Founder of TheMagic5
The company recently launched with great traction in the market! Check out their kickstarter video below, and click through to learn more.
Listen to our interview with Rasmus on SoundCloud:
- :44 – TheMagic5 founding story!
- 3:33 – How the TheMagic5 technology works
- 4:31 – Solving problems for swimmers
- 5:30 – How to scan your face using TheMagic5 App
- 8:30 – TheMagic5 company traction so far!
- 13:55 – Innovation in the sport of swimming over next 5-10 years
- 17:10 – Answering common questions about the company
- 19:15 – How to share feedback with TheMagic5 Team!
Looking for swim workouts, tips and drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email!
We’d love to chat. Email us anytime at email@example.com.