On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show, we speak with 2x Olympian, Connor Jaeger!
– Connor’s swimming story
– Favorite memories from swimming at University of Michigan
– Outlook on where the sport is going
– Advice for the aspirational fitness swimmer
Connor’s early swimming story is extremely relatable to most age-group swimmers. It’s no wonder he connects so well with club swimmers around the country while on the Fitter and Faster Tour. When reflecting on his time first starting at the University of Michigan, he says: “I felt like I was a big fish in a small pond in New Jersey, and then right away was hit and humbled by the coaching staff and my team mates Michigan”.
When asked about his favorite memories from the Men’s Swimming and Diving Team at the University of Michigan, Connor responded with “Beating the University of Texas in a duel meet… and winning NCAAs junior year.” Connor credits his success to trusting the process and surrounding himself with competitive and highly positive people like Matt Patton and Michael Klueh.
- :32 – How did you get into swimming?
- 1:19 – What was it like to swim at the University of Michigan?
- 1:44 – Favorite memories at the University of Michigan?
- 3:08 – What was it like being a professional swimmer at Michigan?
- 4:13 – How did you stay focused?
- 5:15 – What was it like competing internationally?
- 6:06 – How do you stay connected to the swimming world?
- 7:54 – What’s it like working in the corporate world?
- 8:50 – What’s the difference between being a professional swimmer and the corporate world?
- 9:30 – Do you still stay connected to National Team members?
- 10:27 – Where do you see the sport of swimming going?
- 11:34 – Do you think the sport of swimming will continue to get faster?
- 12:48 – What trends to you see in swimming/what gets you excited?
- 14:00 – Did you do USRPT at Michigan?
- 14:29 – Do you miss the sets you used to do?
- 15:28 – What advice do you have for aspirational fitness swimmers?
- 16:33 – Do you recommend training all the strokes or just freestyle?
- 17:26 – Shout outs: Classmates at Michigan, Matt Patton, Michael Klueh
Looking for more swim workouts, tips and drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email! We’d love to chat. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.