It’s your chance to ask the Pros of MySwimPro anything to help you improve your swimming! On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show:
– Special Guest: Brian Young, Ironman Triathlete and Open Water Swimmer
– Differences between wetsuits for open water and tech suits
– Wetsuits, Open water goggles, and the safety buoy from Zone3us
– Advice for beginner open water swimmers and triathletes
- :28 – Brian Young swimming story.
- 1:35 – Different race distances in Triathlon (Ironman).
- 2:35 – How do you manage your training schedule?
- 3:27 – How do you overcome fear and anxiety of open water swimming?
- 4:24 – What are the benefits of wearing a wetsuit for open water races?
- 5:45 – How wetsuits are different and what they’re made out of?
- 9:50 – What are the differences between wetsuits and swim skins?
- 11:00 – What’s the difference in wetsuit design (full body)?
- 12:05 – What’s the difference between an open water wetsuit and a pool tech suit?
- 14:20 – How much faster can you swim in a wetsuit?
- 14:40 – What is an open water safety swim buoy?
- 17:20 – What are the different types of goggles Zone3 offers?
- 19:10 – What’s the difference between open water and pool swim goggles?
- 21:17 – How to practice sighting (spotting) in the pool?
- 21:50 – How to get started in open water swimming?
Want more swim workouts, tips and drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email! We’d love to chat. Email us anytime at email@example.com.