The U.S. Olympic Team Trials is one of the premier events in all of sports. It’s considered one of the fastest and most competitive swim meets in the world.
Here are some exciting (and delicious) adventures outside the swimming competition put together by VisitOmaha.com.
1. Explore 28 acres of African Grasslands at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium.
2. Stroll the Old Market Entertainment District’s cobblestone streets lined with shops, pubs and distinctive restaurants.
3. Take a walk on “Bob” – Omaha’s tweeting, Instagramming, one-of-a-kind pedestrian bridge, connected to more than 150 miles of trails. Chat with Bob at @BobTBridge.
4. Hop aboard fully-restored train cars and sip on an old fashioned phosphate at The Durham Museum.
5. Try the Reuben Sandwich in the city where it was created. Yes, it was invented in Omaha.
6. Eat like an athlete and get your protein from one of Omaha’s legendary steakhouses.
7. Enjoy free admission to view 11,000 works of art by Monet, Rembrandt, Chihuly and more at the Joslyn Art Museum.
8. Float down the Elkhorn River with Tubing & Adventures.
9. Check out the Model Railroad Garden at Lauritzen Gardens. A favorite among lil’ engineers, see G-scale model trains travel twiggy trestles.
10. Interact with Omaha’s public art throughout the city. Pose with larger-than-life jugglers, see bison stampeding through buildings and pose with “mouthy” sculptures.